Cloud ERP is essentially SaaS (software as a service) hosted on a cloud computing platform. Unlike on-premise systems, cloud ERP provides access through the internet to share and transfer data in real time across business departments. This advantage makes business operations rapid and any updates are immediately notified within the system. Cloud ERP allows backups and disaster recovery planning to mitigate the risk of software failures.
Why SAP S/4HANA Cloud and Why now?
SAP S/4HANA enterprise cloud is the new generation Cloud ERP software known for simplicity, high efficiency, spectacular features and user-friendly design to make customer experience enjoyable.
The main advantage of SAP S/4HANA On-cloud edition is the innovation cycle that allows enterprises to evolve as fast as modern technology for better business performance. The cloud system lowers TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) and TCI (Total Cost of Investment) and provides flexible user experience.
There is no doubt that cloud ERP platforms have a variety of advantages, allowing organizations of all sizes to improve their business processes. But at the same time, ERP cloud systems create some challenges for new customers on the way to implementation. Let’s find out what these challenges are and how SAP S/4HANA Cloud solves these problems.
Main challenges with cloud ERP and how SAP S/4 HANA addresses them:
1. Subscription expenses: Every cloud ERP has a subscription fee, so does SAP S/4HANA Cloud. SAP offers different flexible monthly subscription plans to respond to all business needs and abilities.
2. Security risks: Just like every cloud bases system, Cloud ERP has vulnerabilities. SAP’s approach is to make customer data safe and reliable, by ensuring 24/7 compliance and data security, so that clients may be focused on business performance and results.
3. Customization and integration limitations: Cloud ERP solutions offer limited customization and integration options. But it’s not the same with SAP S/4HANA Cloud. SAP S/4HANA Cloud integrates with other SAP solutions—including SAP SuccessFactors, SAP Fieldglass, SAP Hybris, SAP Concur, and SAP Ariba and open interfaces for integrations and extensions to other solutions—via the SAP Cloud Platform.
4. IT competencies: Cloud ERP is the best option for quickly growing businesses who want to make all business processes simple and automatic. Therefore, all IT activities are managed by a cloud ERP provider which helps save money on staff maintenance. What you will need to do is perform your due diligence and choose the right provider with relevant experience.
5.Technical knowledge: It always takes time to learn the functionality of a new software. SAP never stops evolving, that’s why the quarterly cycle of upgrades aims to refine the user experience. SAP S/4HANA Cloud has responsive user-friendly design to give access to the system across all devices in real time, so there is a minimal learning curve.
6. Knowledge about the cloud: Implementing cloud ERP systems may be tricky and a new customer may be rightly concerned about using new technologies and the impact on the enterprise. SAP providers provide relevant support support and know-how in order to prepare an organization for a smooth and successful implementation.
7. Pre- and post-implementation support: SAP providers guide every new customer in their digital journey to S/4HANA Cloud. Moreover, there is a worldwide community of SAP experts and regular users can help solve any problem you face while you are navigating the process of implementation, just ask!
8. Choosing between cloud ERP systems: The market is currently saturated with various options of cloud ERP systems, and of course it’s challenging to choose the best suitable system among the ones developed by different vendors. To help ease this process, SAP S/4HANA Cloud offers an absolutely free, no strings attached trial version for every new business that wants to explore capabilities and features before delving into a rigorous decision making process.
SAP Cloud Enterprise Edition offers its customer scalability, fast and smooth implementation, improved accessibility, high efficiency and easy quarterly upgrade. And that’s not all. Unlike other cloud ERP systems, SAP S/4HANA Cloud uses the latest advanced technologies, refines mobility and usability, simplifies integration with SAP cloud services, provides cost transparency, sales automation, high security standards and free trials.
As a cloud managed service provider, Savantis ushers its customers from consulting to post-implementation support. Our approach is to take all technical challenges off your plate, and simplify your transition, so you can focus entirely on business growth and deriving ROI.
Want to try a free trial version? Schedule a call now.